About Me

Hey my name is Laura and I'm 16 years old and doing Ty this year. My blog is about my year in Ty. I will write about the year and activites we do throughout ty.

Friday 13 December 2013

Holly

Last Wednesday we went to Dublin to sell Holly for the ISPCC (Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children). We got there at ten in the morning and were greeted by representatives of the charity who told us what were going to be doing and why it is important. Over 1,000 children call in to Childline over the Christmas holidays.
             We chose a partner who we were going to be selling the Holly with. We each got a collection box, a box of Holly and a top with ISPCC volunteer written on it. Anna and I were selling outside Abercrombie and Fitch (it smells so good!). We volunteered from half ten until half two and then we got our lunch. It was a great day and I really enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment